September 24, 2020
- Bugfix - terminal error building engines
September 20, 2020
- Bugfix – evaluation set excludes short, terminology-like segment pairs of less than 5 words.
- Simplified data preparation model formula to relax overly strict cleaning.
September 5, 2020
- Extend engine format version 2.0. Added automatic upgrade of all old engines and to importing old engine packages.
- Bugfix – fixed Connect function to delete engine from Windows Explorer right-click context menu.
- Added SDL Trados Studio 2021 connector support - warning. needs to be tested.
- Bugfix – character encoding error with Hindi language on MS Windows
- Reorganized Slate Connect installer to support version 2.0 engines.
August 31, 2020
- Bugfix – CRITICAL! Fixed bug that causes poor quality engines build with version 1.8.0. Highly recommenced that you rebuild engines build with any 1.8.0 update.
- Bugfix – added new languages missing from 1.8.0:
- 2 African languages, Swahili (sw) and Rwandan (rw)
- Bugfix – CAT engine connection failed
- Updates to support version 2.x
- New engine versioning. Introduced engine format version 2.0
August 18, 2020
- Bugfix - CRITICAL. Fixed bug that causes poor quality engines build after version 1.7.0. Highly recommenced that you rebuild engines build with any 1.7.x update.
- New languages:
- 2 African languages, Swahili (sw) and Kinyarwanda (rw)
- Bugfix edge-case error in train-eet with tiny data sets
- Preparations for version 2 to eliminate source language conflicts in corpus preparation
- Remove unnecessary config files
- Tidy graph configs and remove legacy graphs
- Refactor and prettify for clarity & consistency
- Improve inputqueue to match the globbed results
- Update all graphs to set reader plugin by input “filespecs” and writer plugin by ‘render-type’ configuration
- Normalize file suffixes across configurations and modules
- Change to terminate graph if outputs exist
- Added graph and updated reader-txt to convert .txt .xslate-txt corpus files to .slate-tab
- Added -sz files to writer-tab.py
- Copyright notice update and tidy refactoring
- Version bump to 1.8
- Update python module’s Linux shebang line to python3
- Added bn, pa, pt_br, and tl. tweaks to tr, ni and en_gb.
- Bugfix edge case script –continue and extact-random-tm bugs
- Corresponding installer updates
- Update to Python 3.8.3
- Update all Python modules to match 3.8.3
May 13, 2020
- New languages:
- 2 Indic languages (bn, pa)
- Asian language (tl)
- Tidy other languages.
March 31, 2020
- Bugfix. Fixed edge case terminal error with small test corpora.
March 20, 2020
- Bugfix. Fixed an extreme edge case condition that caused the build process to hang early in the TM-to corpus conversion when it encountered a specific character at the end of a segment.
November 14, 2019
- New feature supports regex pattern matching for source segments during translation
- New feature supports regex pattern matching for target output from engine
- New feature removes bullet points and numbered list numbers from source when translating. Engine only sees the linguistic content. Automatically restores bullets and numbers bypassing the MT engine.
- New languages:
- 8 Indic languages (as_in, gu_in, kn_in, ml_in, mr_in, mni_in, or_in, te_in)
- Norwegian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Interlingua, Indonesian, Persian languages
- Updated nonbreaking_prefix files for better tokenization
- New Python tokenizer remove dependency on Perl runtime for tokenization
- New corpus cleaning functions:
- Triage segments by best quality match
- Remove duplicates keeps the best matching translation
- New feature for compound splitting for all languages
- New compound splitting models for Finnish, Dutch, Italian, Dutch and German
- New split prefix/suffix feature for all languages. Not enabled by default.
- New support to merge/blend new foundation corpora to supplement small customer TM sizes
- New weightings feature to translation model similar to weighting feature for the language model
- New option to build reverse direction engine during the same session
- Updated `import-europarl` graph to apply regex filters when downloading the corpus
- Updated to use new Python optimized regex library
- Improved support for multiple engines running in parallel
- Improved enforcement of Moses technical limits and runs faster
- Various bug fixes
- GUI support on Linux
- Edge-case cross-platform crash fixed
- UI summary display update and spelling corrections
- Fixed TMX language tags to correctly use name space
July 22, 2019
- Fixed installer falsely detecting Python installation on Windows 10 updates
- Fixed crash from Chinese jieba tokenizer logging after Windows 10 updates
July 11, 2019
- Fixed Windows Explorer custom file association to import/delete engines
- Disabled tmx export to avoid edge case illegal XML characters
- Added autohotkey script
- Added split-tmx.py
- Custom support for normal-cased translation model
April 3, 2019
- Fixed edge-case crash near end of build
Mar 14, 2019
- Added Persian language support (fa, fa-ir)
- Updated Python dependency libraries
- Removed a Perl dependency library