Instructions for requesting technical support, an important part of your Slate™ Desktop experience.
There are two ways to request technical support.
Sign-in to our support site, select the New Ticket tab and fill in the form. The help desk system will notify us immediately and track our progress.
Send an email to [email protected]. There may be a small delay before we check this email account.
Please include the following information in your communication.
- Product registered email to help us identify your account
- Product and version (e.g. Slate Desktop version 1.6.6)
- Operating System and version (e.g. Windows version 10)
- CAT tool name and version, if applicable
- Description of the problem. Try to include detail that helps me recreate it.
- Attach the installation log file
- Attach screen capture of error dialog if possible (C:\xslate\System\slatedesktop\installer.log)
- Attach the “catch-all” error log files in your system %temp% folder.
- Open Windows Explorer
- Enter %temp% [enter] in the address line
- Explorer will take you to the temp folder.
- Find the files Slate_Desktop.py.stderr.log and Slate_Desktop.pyc.stderr.log.